Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July Weekend {2010}

Friday, July 2, 2010

Wayne and I went to a BBQ at my friend’s parent’s house. Tim & Vanny Mahoney, whose son Pat, is married to one of my very best friends, Wendy. I’ve know Wendy since we were in 3rd grade. Pat & Wendy started dating when we were juniors in high school (1999) and have been together ever since. They were married just a week shy of their 10 year anniversary on 11/7/2009. That was the last time I saw either one of them. So it was nice to see them as well as other friends that were there and Wendy’s parents.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

I worked at the gym in the morning and caught up with my friend Lizzie, who also works at the gym. I wanted to get all my cleaning and errands done that day so that both Sunday and Monday I could enjoy relaxing! So I got my grocery shopping done as well as my cleaning for the week done.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

My brother-in-law, Andy, came up for the day to hang out. What I thought was going to be a relaxing holiday spent on the boat, eating food, hanging with friends and family all day, turned into 3 hours of work. Thanks Andy. Ha.



I didn't get any before pictures, but it was basically overgrown with weeds as well as some stupid white rocks/shells that Grams dumped there. Wayne helped me get rid of the shells and most of the rocks. At some point we are getting new rock put in as well as some new sand on the beach.

While I worked on that, Andy took out all the weeds in the rocks. I didn’t get any before pictures of this either, but it was all overgrown with weeds and plants. It was nice to see him and spend some time with him.



Our friends John and Chris came up for the day as well. After completing the yard work we then headed out onto the boat for a few hours to soak up some sun. We parked the pontoon on one side of the lake and slowly drifted to the other side. As the only girl on the boat, I took the opportunity to lay in my pink floaty. It was nice and relaxing and also fun to hear the boys on the boat talking and laughing.

After a couple hours on the lake we headed in to eat dinner. After dinner John and Andy left and so we took Grams for a ride out on the boat.

[This was our sunset.]

After our ride, we had a bonfire to burn some of the weeds, twigs and branches that we pulled that afternoon. I enjoyed a few marshmallows and s’mores.

[Chris & Wayne]

When it started getting dark I took a shower and settled on the couch to watch the Fireworks on tv. At about 10pm, the neighbor started doing some great fireworks that ended up scaring the dogs. At that point I could barely keep my eyes open, so we just went to bed.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Most of the day was spent hanging out. Sandy made my Mom’s Mostocolli recipe for dinner and overall it was a nice relaxing day.

Grams and I went to visit Barbara in the nursing home that afternoon. It’s been a little over a week since she got here. She arrived 6/26/2010. She is Gramma’s friend from childhood. We first visited her when we went to Florida in April. She was in an awful nursing home and to be frank her children are assholes. So we decided to move her up here to get better care. Here are some pictures of where Barbara is at now.


[Beautiful Outdoors]

[Her room]

[Barbara & Grams]

[Me & Barbara]

Overall a fun filled weekend!


No comments:

Latest pins