So instead of a depressing 9/11 post with pictures, videos, etc., I decided to keep it positive and complete my Sunshine Award. We are never going to forget what happened on 9/11 and no amount of pictures, etc. will make me feel any better about it. Plus, it's all we see online or on the news. So that's that. All I can say is God Bless America.
I was so honored when I read that Kayla from Kayla Layla nominated me for a Sunshine Award! As I said in THIS POST, I just can't get enough of her.
A Sunshine Award is given to bloggers whose posts brighten your day.
Here are the rules:
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog (above).
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
Here are Kayla's Questions for her nominees and my answers:
1. If you were a Real Housewife, what would your tagline be? If you don't watch it, I'll give you an example of what mine would be. "There's nothing wrong with being classy, sassy, and a bit smart ass-y!"
So I have to be honest. I have never seen an episode of any of the RH's series. Never. Ever. So I had to do a little research of what a tag-line was all about. I thought Kelly Killoren-Bensimon's line from S2 & S3 of DC fit me perfectly.
"I've created a great life and I love living it."
I don't know who Kelly is and it's a little more generic, but I could totally see myself changing my blog line to that instead of what I have now.
2. What is your favorite boy band of all time?
If you know me, you know I love ALL things Boy Band. For realz. You name em, I love them. But, if I had to pick just one, it would be The Backstreet Boys. They were the epitome of my teenage years.
3. Which member of The Brady Bunch can you most relate to?
Probably Marsha Brady. We both have the oldest child syndrome.
4. Will you be wearing white now that Labor Day has passed?
Yea. I'm not much of a rule follower with clothes and in Minnesota, if the weather is nice you wear it as long as you can, whether it be shorts, capris or dresses.
5. Nacho Cheese or Cooler Ranch Doritos?
I like both. Depends on my mood, but I usually prefer and have at home Nacho Cheese.
6. Describe something about yourself that you secretly love and wish others noticed more.
I don't know on this one. I have a lot of work to do on my post baby body, so it wouldn't be anything with that. The two things I normally get compliments on are my eyes and my dimple. That's pretty much it and that's totally fine by me.
7. Would you rather be deaf or blind?
Probably deaf. If I couldn't see my Hubs, Hailey, my family and friends, etc., I don't know what I would do.
8. Maury's Paternity Tests episodes or Out of Control Teens?
Both make me sad, but at least Paternity Tests is a brand newish life with potential. My heart breaks from seeing struggling people, especially teens.
9. If you could go back in time for 24 hours, where would you go and what would you do?
I would love to go back and re-live my wedding day. I know a lot of people would say their child's birth, but honestly, it was a painful couple days after she was born and although I'm so happy she is here and we are both healthy, I rather not re-live that pain of that day or time.
10. Who's sexier? Larry King or Steve Buscemi?
I would choose Steve Buscemi. I think one of his best traits is that he is funny, and that's one of my top must have traits. Also, I love him in the movie Armageddon. It's one of my all time favorite movies and I LOVE his character, Rockhound.
The 10 bloggers that I am nominating are:
1. Sarah from Dreaming About Baby
2. Sarah from Midwest Pillowtalk
3. Jenn from Squishy Cheeks & Cupcakes
4. Kelly from Four Kids, a mini-van and a lot of love
5. Gabriella from Ramblings of a Girl
6. Katie from This is My Life
7. Jen from Wonderfully Unkempt
8. Momma B from Momma B Blog
9. Kenzie from Life According to Kenz
10. Andrea from Love Is
And the 10 questions I want them to answer are:
1. What is your favorite boy band of all time? If you are not a boy band fan, let us know why.
2. What is your favorite vacation spot?
3. What is the hardest thing you've ever had to do?
4. Wine, beer, or mixed drinks? What kind?
5. What's one thing you've been putting off?
6. Sweet or salty snacks? What is it?
7. If you could go back in time for 24 hours, where would you go and what would you do?
8. What is your next big goal for yourself?
9. What is your favorite app on your phone (or website if you don’t have a smartphone) BESIDES the usual social media ones (i.e. Facebook, IG, Twitter)?
10. Where is your favorite place to shop? For yourself.
I look forward to hearing from all of you lovely ladies!!!