Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekly Recap {April 11-24, 2011}

Monday, April 11, 2011

I was feeling pretty good and upbeat, because I hadn't heard from the Dr regarding my glucose test from the Friday before and they tell you if you don't hear anything, then everything is good to go. Well, they ended up calling me late in the afternoon and telling me that my level was "slightly" elevated. It was at 143 and they like to see it at 135 or below. Not sure what a high number is. I didn't ask many questions, because I was so disappointed, but I will be asking questions at our next appointment. So because of that the Dr was ordering the 3 hour test. Even though it was a minor hiccup in what has been a pretty normal pregnancy thus far, I wasn't feeling too good about it. But I knew it had to be done and whatever happened at that point we would just have to deal with head on.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I stopped by the JBF sale in Maple Grove after work. It was very picked over except for the baby clothes, which I expected. I didn't really have much energy to pick through the baby clothing, so I actually looked through the maternity clothes and instead of getting anything for Hailey, I got 4 shirts and a dress for me for about $30.00. What a great deal!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Since Grams was gone on vacation in AZ and Wayne is usually gone Friday nights I decided to have my sisters come and spend the night with me. We just hung out with the pups, ate dinner, watched a movie and went to bed. Nothing too exciting, but I think they really enjoyed seeing the pups and hanging out. I know the pups also enjoyed seeing them as well. It had been too long.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

They spent the day helping me clean and packing some things up. It was so nice of them to help me start packing and organizing. Again, it was a very uneventful day, but very productive nonetheless. I brought them home that evening (after a DQ stop of course), stopped at Kohl's to get yet another (much needed) new bra and went home to relax for the rest of the night.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

It was nice to have the house to ourselves for the day. It was the one day where we were both home together the whole day. Wayne slept most of the morning as he usually does because of his crazy schedule, but then when he woke up, we got right to work. He hauled all the boxes that we had packed up the day before out to the garage, we reorganized the garage to store some of our packaged up belongings, he swept it out, I went through a few more boxes that we had stored in the garage and filled the trash with things we were getting rid of. It felt so good to purge. I also completely cleaned out my car as Wayne and I were switching. We have a Trailblazer and a Camry and we decided to switch for these last couple of months of pregnancy as it is MUCH easier for me to get in/out of the TB than it is the Camry. What a sweet guy he is for being so understanding. We then headed to Pizza Ranch for dinner, just the two of us. It was our first time there and it was delicious!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Today I had my 3 hour glucose test. I took the day off of work and I was scheduled to be at the lab at 8:30 a.m. I had been fasting (no drink or food) since the night before. They drew my blood, I drank the little bottle of what tastes like over sugared orange pop and then I sat there for 3 hours and they drew my blood 3 more times, every hour, on the hour. I couldn't eat anything until it was over and I could only sip on water. It wasn't a horrible experience. Much more of a mind game than anything else. I brought along my portable DVD player and watched August Rush, which took up about 2 of those hours, I then read on my Nook the other hour. 


It was a very touching movie. The only bad part was burping up the glucose drink as I didn't have anything in my stomach. I left the clinic at noon and met Wayne at Applebees for lunch. It was a great lunch and everything tasted so good.

Grams also came back from AZ with her sister Sandy, who is here to stay for the summer.

Friday, April 22, 2011

I had started getting a sore throat the day before, which then went from that to just a scratchy throat and runny nose. My head felt like it was 100 lbs. I went directly home, ate dinner and went right to bed.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I still didn't feel the best, but I didn't want to miss my friend, Anne's baby shower that afternoon. It was great to see her and our other friend, Tara. It was at Biaggi's in Eden Prairie. This is us with our pregnant bellies.



I am 29 weeks and she is 33 weeks. After the shower I came home, did some cleaning, more packing and then some relaxing. I also watched Winter's Bone.


Overall, the movie was OK. Kinda slow. I really like Jennifer Lawrence though, so that is what made me finish it.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! We spent the afternoon with Wayne's family and ate some great food. Wayne hauled out more boxes to the garage of what I had packed up the day before. We watched some tv together and just hung out. It was a very nice, relaxing and low key day.

Hope everyone had a great holiday no matter if they celebrated or not.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming to my shower! I wish we could have visited more. I'll be back to Minne with baby the end of June for Kate's bridal shower. Let's meet up! Maybe Hailey will be here be then, too :)

Latest pins